Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more engine problems

Re: more engine problems

thats turning so sharp its almost backing up

i got the boat saturday and very happy how it looks. 11 ft long 70 inches at the bottom 77 across top 18 in transom with nice deck with storage and lid and 12 inch stringers. 220 lb. my son and i picked it up and sat it on the trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by bgmcl60; 07-02-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Very nice...He makes a good hull...You should start a build thread for that hull so we can watch you put it together....

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

well not much of a build. going to set everything off my old boat and install it on this one cage, seat stand and eng stand and use it while there is still some good gigging goin on and build everything this winter when it slows down. the fishing gets better in the winter but gigging is best in summer. maybe i had better say when i get around to it. marty is a nice guy and puts out a fine boat. he will do what makes you happy. no complaints here except my gps took the wrong route to his shop and i passed his shop before i realized dang that guy has a lot of boats in his yard. that was his shop i passed. 2100 for boat and 100 for two single seats. i'm happy as a pig eating a bucket of slop

looks good, it would be fun to get one of those hulls, but I'm afraid i would be paying double that when the shipping is added on. but i can see a wider boat hull in the future. have fun and enjoy getting your boat going.

thanks corky and bart. only the 2nd new airboat i've owned. first one cost 800 dollars. i thought that was too high for just a hull but you get what you pay for. this hull is a lot better with composit stringers no replacing them down the road. going to have to build a platform for the engine and seat stand to set on and strong enough it will hold the thrust and weight. my old stringers were 21in and these are 36 outside center to center and inner are 12 in. not much of a deal using conduit for frame since this will not be permanent. i've got too old to work outside more than an hour and rest 10 minutes so this might take more time than getting the bugs out of the engine. i bought a new carburetor when the mag acted up and not sure if it was the mag all the time or the carburetor. it just runs much smoother than before all through the rpm range.