i got all my parts for the belt drive and my new razor x prop. they don't make the whirlwind mini prop any more or the composite hub. got it all together and set my pitch on prop which is a little tricky. no level spot on prop 3 in from tip so i used a strait edge and digital level and set both blades the same 12 degrees. took it out and i couldn't believe the difference in the razor prop and the ultra. the razor was unbelievably quiet. the ultra sound was like a swarm of bees. the push was great and as soon as i pushed it wide open it was on plane. now to the bad part. i took my son out for some flounder gigging and and boat performed great until we started to stop and it backfired and died sound like a shot gun. well i tried to start it and it would start and backfire every time i tried to give a little gas and die again. we did this over and over again until we got back to ramp. at least we didn't have to paddle a mile. the backfiring blew one of my exhaust off and the excessive cranking burned up the starter and chipped a tooth on the starter clutch. i had 3 mags which 2 are brand new that i can't get to fire and 1 will only fire on 3 cylinders. not giving up so i ordered a new mag a new starter and a new solex carburetor. going to start fresh and beat this thing of bad luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhv4RpPmqU8