Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey buster!!!!

Hey buster!!!!

I'm the town "pawnshop", people come to me when they want to sell something for some quick cash. Sometime I take in items for collateral.
    I got this last month and the guy just called and said it's mine he is not going to pick it up. I loaned the guy $600 on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,

I'll be real surprized if you don't turn a good profit on that. First, maybe you should find a gravel pit, or some woods and "wring it out". You know, just to be sure you don't want to keep it for yourself!

I can remember lot of fun times with similar machines. That was years ago, before they started putting malls, and condiminums ets., on every vacant piece of ground around here.

Dave
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!

KWAZY old Southerner... Duane Scarborough's Avatar
    Papee,

Many years ago, I had one of those, but not as nice as that one. I sure would like to come across another one. It's too bad you don't live closer, or I'd be making you a good offer on it.

Duane
    A KWAZY old Southerner... and darn PROUD of it.

Airboat Pros MiniPro 116 / Frog Spit
    SS rigging - with side by side seating
    Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb
    Arrow Prop 1.73:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind 2 blade Mini Prop

under construction

They race them around here. I'm going to work on it over the winter and get it race legal then take it up to the races and sell it.
    Here's what it will look like when done. I raced the 4 wheel drive class there for years and when I gave it up I had no trouble selling my race truck there.

Name:  Picture 6.jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  19.9 KB
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Papee,

Back when I had mine, MANY years ago, I was still living in Southwest Georgia. We played with them on the natural sand dunes, located in the middle of SOWEGA. We'd sometimes take them to Gulf beaches, but not often. They had very restrictive rules, even back then.

I've lived in Eastern NC since 1996, where we CAN still drive on the beach. I've been a member of the NCBBA (North Carolina Beach Buggy Association) for many years now, and we seldom see a true old time beach buggy. Mostly, we drive 4WD pickup trucks. The restrictive rules have hit us too, but we're fighting it.

The fish were not biting, so we were flying kites. That's Pam TRYING to fly 2 kites, while I took a picture. Both kites crashed.

Oh well...

We've enjoyed the Outer Banks of NC.

Duane
    Last edited by Duane Scarborough; 10-05-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

Is that a cb or ham raido antenna on the left front of that truck.

Steve
    ham radio call( N4WSP )

Steve,

Good eye. Most people don't notice it. It's a 2 meter HAM antenna, tuned to the RR band, connected to a scanner.

One of my other past times is chasing trains.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by n4wsp View Post
    Is that a cb or ham raido antenna on the left front of that truck.

Steve
    ham radio call( N4WSP )

Teledyne 4A084-4 engine
    Solex H30/31 Carb

under construction

I do the same thing with my ham radio. I chase Ship's at sea and aircraft when not much is going on the ham band's.

Hey Buster, you can follow my build here. It's a new site I put up for the buggies. When searching the internet for information it took forever to get activated for a forum, some I have never got an activation. Others are not active or just plain not worth visiting. The new site won't take off until our new season starts here and I can get some fliers out at the races. Yes I'm going back to racing! Any way, I now a a place to post my build albeit a bit lonely. LOL

http://tubebuggies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5&p=14#p14

T
    here are also a few videos I put of of what we do in our area with these buggies. The Big Al's stock class videos are what I will be doing most.

http://tubebuggies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7

Quote Originally Posted by n4wsp View Post
    I do the same thing with my ham radio. I chase Ship's at sea and aircraft when not much is going on the ham band's.
    Oh and Steve,

Hey Papee,

I found it! , Ya won't be quite as lonely now

Dave
    Last edited by buster; 10-20-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Papee Here is my Station

Yaesu ft920 for hf, Kenwood for 2 meaters, 600 watt amp for hf , and 12 volt power supply. I also have a Yaesu 857D in my truck . It covers all bands.

Are you a ham if so what is your call.Name:  DSC00001.JPG
Views: 1637
Size:  60.3 KB

Every time I got ready to take my test I just got busy and never went through with it. I'm not interested in 2 meter, I was going for my general. I even had my code faster than required and consistent.

My brain spoke to me again. I have no idea where the thought came from. I'm using plastic to use for a template for my hood.

EDIT: Duane, I got your email, thanks
    There are specs this has to be built to for EC4WDA sanctioned events so my plan is pretty much laid out for me other than how I make the body. The car has to weigh 1300lbs with a full tank.
    The suspension will be cut out and redone also.

Name:  buggy6 002sm.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  70.1 KB

Name:  buggy6 001sm.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  74.0 KB

Papee,

Ya know, that is starting to look a lot like the second buggy I built. The main exception, I used square tubing because I had a bunch of it laying around. My buddy called it "Ther Road Grader".

I raced it a time or two that summer, and then I ended up putting a 6 foot snowplow and my Porche engine on it. Probably the only Porshe in history to ever push a snowplow

Dave

I got out the river for a bit, the weather warmed up enough that I could get out. I caught some nice bass, this time of the year seems to be the best for catching good sized ones. I would post pics but I always get blamed for posting the same pics any way so just go back and look at my past photos.

I got some pieces rough cut for the buggy but now it's time to take the final run at the bathroom project before I get reprimanded by the CEO here. I just have some crown molding to put up and some touch-up. Then the mirrors and I'm done.

So far on the buggy I've be able to use pieces I have left over from the boat project. The windshield deflector will get cut down a bit, it again was a piece I had laying around. I won't cut it much though and I may also add a piece to the top. The viewing area doesn't have to be that big really, you can see out just fine at that height. I like to cover as much as possible because the rocks thrown from other vehicles hurt a bit when they hit you. One year I had one about the size of a softball hit me in the arm when I was passing a guy and that was in my 4x4 racer, much higher.

EDIT: Just to explain a bit of my madness, There will be a bumper/skid plate added to the front this is why I stopped where I did in the front. I need to get some tubing bent and I'm waiting on my buddy to get to it. It will have the front bumper added and some rails on the sides like the sprint cars have so the rear tires don't get hooked on a tree.

Name:  buggy6 002.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  buggy6 001.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  38.3 KB

I finally got a few things done, the new shock hoops are done.

Papee

That thing is starting to look mean. I wouldn't like to see that coming up in my rear view.

Dave

Yea I put a beefy bumper on it because at times you have to lay a bumper on someone to let them know you are there. Hopefully it will get used a bit.

If you are faster than someone they are supposed to pull over and let you by, some take a little convincing. It's a timed lap deal and you are not supposed to be held up by a slower vehicle. We have horns but I've been known to use my "bumper horn" in the past.

NASCAR has a term for that. If I remember right, i think it is called "Bump drafting".

You could call it bump drafting, I think we'll go with that except at an average speed of under 20 mph there won't be much drafting and more bumping. Some places you go 5 mph and others 70. Not much full out running though. I'm ready to move on now, I got the shocks in today. All have have to do to the front is make some "caps" for where I cut the old shock towers off. I have some others to make so I'll move on and make them all at the same time.

PS... That is not the same garage mess that I showed before, it's been cleaned and back to this a few times since then. I'll soon have to do it again so the wife can get her car in.