Thread: Almost There finally.

Almost There finally.

After a few years of no river time I think I have the honeydo list down to a scream. I got the boat out and started getting it ready for the river.
    It hadnt been started in a few years so it took some coaxing. First thing the starter didnt want to work. I got that working then it was on to fuel, woah that gas doesn't smell good. I drained the tank and pulled the solex carb. Sure enough it needed a good cleaning. Next the primer bulb was weak so I had to order a new bulb and line.

Everything is working as it should now for a little polishing/repaint and I'll be ready for the river.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: Almost There finally.

Glad to hear you're heading out this year...No doubt the ethanol fuel is unkind to something just sitting around...The Rutters across the Clarks ferry bridge has non-ethanol fuel FYI...I know a few people who use it for things other than automobiles..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Got a couple coats of new paint on to get me through the season. Shes a 40 footer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

That is looking pretty sharp I wish I had the money to fly You up here and help me with mine

You're doing just fine on your own. Like I said in the post, it's a 40 footer, it looks good from 40 foot away. I just wanted to get some paint on it for the season. I'm going tear it down this winter and give it some love.

Looks good Papee..But don't worry the rocks will clean the paint off for you so you won't have so much to do this winter.....Speaking of that... I'm under mine this week re-applying some quick slick where the rocks didn't slide as planned...And of course that involved some metal massaging like what you were doing in the beginning of that one video you did a while back..Anyhow keep up the good work !!

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Now that made me laugh. The two or three strikes in that video were all there was. I don't fix my dents like that. I put the boat on the garage floor and put a bottle jack on the dent then a 4x4 up to the door header.

I lucked out..When I made that solid trailer floor the same contour as the hull bottom I never thought about it helping back up the floor to tap out the dents..So it can't go over center as I'm tapping..And I do mean tapping, it doesn't take much to massage it back..

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

The river is at 3.6 .. I looks like it's getting low judging by what I see out there... I'm getting a late start to getting the boat in the water.. I've been doing some cooling upgrades and will be ready by the end of the week.. I'm ready to get the rods out and flog the water..

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

I made it out today! It ran just like the day I put it away. I was in the water by 6:30 and finished my rounds by 9:30. A great day on the river, I needed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's great news Papee !! Looks like plenty of water in that pic.. I'm ready myself...Can't get any more social distancing out of a morning trip than that !!

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine