Thread: Lathe Attachments, Indexing / Dividing Head

Hybrid View

Re: Lathe Attachments, Indexing / Dividing Head

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Wow Bart, that's a great addition to the toys you have...It's amazing what we take for granted when we look at what it will take to fabricate..I'm guilty as well...Look at it and say " That'll be easy and quick using"... And it never seems to work out quite as planned..
    you are correct in "things never work out as planned. last week I was turning out a dust cover for a 3" chuck I picked up. the last detail was to drill 3 mounting holes.. You can see the picture, enough said.
    so out came the half finished project.. turned out a plunging pin, and decided how to secure it to the lathe or cabinet.. now at least I should not have any excuses for getting holes lined out....the gear has 24 detents on it. for the most part that is what I will be using. if it can be divided by 24. If I need to use the indexer, I will be watching a few videos on how to do the math...
    maybe I might be making another prop hub extension. with this I know the holes will be correctly centered... the one I have is close.. but if I can dial things in just a little better. all it will cost me is 30 dollars for a aluminum hub, and my time... looking back I have came along way with tools and just a little knowledge on doing things in house...
    Attached Images Attached Images