Thread: Another Project to Play With Part 2

Threaded View

Re: Another Project to Play With Part 2

It has been a busy couple of weeks.. trying to get a few of the small things buttoned up.
    I have been looking at the drag link that I took from my first project. and it left a lot to be desired. so today I made one that I will think will be just a little better.
    It was kind of fun to put a 90 degree on a piece of thick wall 1" SS tubing, but I managed, then used a friends press to flatten the end.
    I used an drag link off of an old snowmachine steering column, for the bottom link. It is a lot nicer to look at, compared to the old one...
    then on the steering post, I thought I would try something a little different with the bracing. bent a couple of 3/8" tube in a 90, and welded one on each side of the post. We will see how that works..
    getting the steering linkage finished was a big hurdle. Tomorrow I will turn out a couple of collars, with a set screw. to keep the cross bar in place.
    spent some time and secured the console. I also made a small box to go underneath it. Which will hold most of the excess wiring..
    Attached Images Attached Images