Thread: Another Project to Play With Part 2

Threaded View

Re: Another Project to Play With Part 2

I have found out that a little upgrading the bushings on the stick might be in order. with using 3/4" heavy wall SS tube, there was a lot of flex in the cross piece. It really didn'tset well. kept thinking of things bending if I ever needed to grab hold of the stick and put to much side pressure on it.
    so after turning out a few locking collars out of some UHMW, I made a couple of bushings 1.5" wide. and installed one tonight. on another piece of conduit about 7 inches inboard. It really took a lot of the sway out.

Also knowing how much water can raise havoc, if it freezes, I turned a shallow thread, and drilled and taped it for a grease zirk, and used a conduit clamp to hold it to the conduit.
    all in all it looks not bad, now it has me thinking of swapping the 2 outside bushings, and have all three the same.
    I went with a shallow thread, and the grease zirk, so the grease would have a place to sit, and thus keep the water out. it might be over kill, but it can be the little things that make big differences
    I think I am having more fun making things for this project.
    Attached Images Attached Images