Thread: Another Project to Play With Part 2

Threaded View

Another Project to Play With Part 2

I have been looking at all the different threads, that I have started and have ongoing... and was thinking of just continuing on with the original build, but with widening the hull, "not yet finished yet" and putting in another power plant, this is I guess a new build going on. o so much fun to be had by all.

It has been 2 years. since I have done anything with the hull. the last time I was playing with the hull, I ran out of argon, and by the time I got my bottle refilled, winter was on the way, then a year ago I started with the major upgrade with my 084 motor.

In the meantime, got a total knee replacement, which put a lot of things on hold.. for any physical work, the knee has taken a while to get back into shape, still working on it.
    So here we go again..

I am getting exited, to pull the string and drop the boat, literally it is as the picture say, upright next to the connex, a good place for storage for the last 2 years...

as far as the motor goes, there is still some testing that I need to do. to get the EFI dialed in, but I needed the redrive & prop installed so there could be a load on the motor,
    just a lot of loose ends, that are starting to come together, just hope the props I have will good enough to put it through the paces.

here is a list of the things I have on hand to start out
    one hull 64" wide 10'6" long
    084 motor, with EFI and electronic ignition.
    home built redrive, 1.6 ratio
    2 props 3 blade warp drive 57" dia. & 4 blade ultra prop. 60" dia.
    + a few other things that I have pick up along this journey.

to get the template to build the motor stand with, I turned out 3 rounds 6" long and threaded both ends, that were bolted to the mounting points, from that I could get the correct measurement. "I hope", now on to getting the stand made,

from what I have measured, it is looking like the stand height should be 33.5" to the top of the motor mounts, which also will give me 33.5" from the center of the hub to the back of the boat.. this should give me room to expand to a 67" prop down the road...
    the other measurement that I learned, it is wise to have a space of 5 to 6 inches between the prop and the back of the boat...

one of the options that I am looking at for the stand is to maybe instead of tubing for the runners, use 1" square stock, and with the hull only being 10.5 feet long, the bottom runners I can't see being longer than 6'. another thought about using square tubing, it would add some rigidity and stiffen the hull...

also in the first pict. is the makings of a fuel tank, I came across an aluminum 50 gallon tank. that was damaged on one end. I will have a nice little 12 gallon tank when done, after reading many of the posts, the 084 motor has an average burning rate of 1 gallon per hour. all I need to to to turn out a threaded bung to fit the in tank fuel pump. and the price was right...

on another note we have had black bears walking around town already this year, and the snow isn't even out of the park strip...
    Attached Images Attached Images