Thread: Another Project to Play With Part 2

Hybrid View

Re: Another Project to Play With Part 2

it has been a couple of days. but slowly progress is getting done. I have decided to add an Raspberry Pi4 with an 7in. LCD screen for a dashboard. there has been a few challanges over the last year with it. one of the biggest breakthroughs,,, was a hat for the Raspberry that was designed for a safe startup and shut down using the 12 volt battery. then last spring a couple of options were added in the speeduino firmware. for extra gauges. oil & fuel pressure, and oil and fuel temp. but I needed to build a small board to protect the speeduino board from any voltage spike. From the sensors. I am still needing to pick up a fuel temp sensor. but tonight I think I might have all the inputs done for the sensors to work. now I am looking at how I can adapt the 12 volt fuel guage to a gauge on the dashboard also
    below is a little video of the raspberry starting up. the gauges working with a small board with a few pots on it. and it shutting down.

https://youtu.be/0uj3UajamlI

Re: Another Project to Play With Part 2

well the summer has came and gone, with snow getting closer.. I decided to take the motor and stand off, and put them in my shed to play with over the winter...always wanting to do something more.
    I figured that I would swap out the #3 jug also, it has been running about 80 degrees hotter than the others. ... thinking that the cylinder walls are a little egg shaped and leaning it out just a little more than I would like...and still working on my harness. found a little corosion in the connectors. so changing things out and adding diealectric grease to everything.
    this time I used a forklift at work that has a scale on it. Found out that the motor, redrive, stand, seat, consule. and other miss items put the weight at 320 lbs. the hull with a half a tank of gas came in at 360 lbs. the only things not weighed was the cage, battery and prop... it was nice to see what it came out to be, and not always guessing..
    Attached Images Attached Images