Thread: Another Project to Play With Part 2

Threaded View

Re: Another Project to Play With Part 2

it has been a busy weekend, didn't get to spend much time on the project, but made a few good forward steps. on the battery tray, I tapped 4 ea. 1/4-20 threads in the tray the plastic box will sit in, and with some fender washers, it is secure. then a 1/8" piece of rubber so the bolts don't rub into the bottom of the battery. At the moment I have a deep cycle marine battery, but if a lawn and garden battery will work, it would save a good 30 lbs..

took some time to working on a heat shield for the speeduino box. the box is in the works..might get it finished tomorrow. thinking along the lines of having it almost totally encased, with a few holes or vents on the bottom, with a 12v fan. looking at snap disc to have attached to it, that closes at 125, and opens at 100 degrees. that should keep things cool enough..

and the steering linkage is starting to take shape... at least the 2 pivot points are mounted...I am liking this set up so much better, than the first build. with it I was trying to keep the CG so low, that there was hardly any room on the bottom end of the stick. This go around it should be a simpler.
    Attached Images Attached Images