Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing a Fan on the Rope Pulley

Re: Installing a Fan on the Rope Pulley

i don't know the cfm but at 2500 rpm it's not much. I think bart is on the right track i just hate to completely cover up the engine. There has to be a reason for the cooling problem always with #4 cylinder. I have had my sensors on all cylinders and none have the high temp that the # 4 cyl does. It just seems to me there is something more than air flow causing this. Casey's boat runs the same as mine but doesn' over heat. We put my cht gauge on his engine when he first built it to verify it. He ran it as hard as i run mine and it never got to 450. And i have read others with this engine doesn't have the problem either. If all else fails i've got another complete engine to try. Let us know what you come up with.

Re: Installing a Fan on the Rope Pulley

i don't know the cfm but with only 2500 rpm it's not much. I didn't add any shroud and i'm sure that would have made some difference. But i'm off in another direction now. I'm thinking with the right amount of ducting i can get enough air flow through cylinders. An automotive fan seems like a feasable way to go. And ther are rated to turn higher than we will ever need. Just not sure how much hp they will take away. The flex fan flattens out at higher rpm to hep with the hp but wil it keep cooling the engine. Well i guess thats what were here for. To find out. This last project was my worst 1 yet. But thats what its all about find out what will work and what won't. At least it keeps me busy.