Thread: Hello guys

Hello guys

A 1436 would be a good choice. The performance will depend a lot on your engine choice, but it should be possible to plane out with 2 people. It's still at the welder's shop, but we've been developing an air drive adapter that's made to go on 1236 and 1436 airboats. It has a direct drive 44" propeller, and can use engines in the 13-25 hp range. It attaches to the transom and gunnels using just a few bolts. I can let you know once we have our first pictures and pricing on them if you're interested.

If you're interested in a wooden Rascal airboat, we're selling our prototype hull for ***. It includes the hull and welded engine stand. I attached a couple pictures (engine not included). We don't have a catalog but we make a lot of custom parts depending on what people need for their builds, including reduction drives, propellers, engine stands, and rudders. We're adding some of these parts to our online catalog, and I can send you a link when a few more of them are posted.

Hello I found your site while researching my build
    i am in Texas and will be running some rivers and bays here “ just me “ and maybe one buddy
    i am so indecisive about my build, I don’t know if I am going to weld up a aluminum hull or use a alumacraft Jon boat hull or make a plywood hull ?
    i found a NIB 25 HP Kawasaki liquid cooled FD620D for $600
    and my parts guy has a prototype fiberglass hull I could buy!!! so any type of advice is much appreciated
    being so indecisive on engine size and weather i need a gear reduction ?
    sorry I don’t know how my cut and paste got on top
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Pilar; 04-19-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Re: Hello guys

Hello and welcome to the site... What's your plans for use of your mini ?? What type of water do you want to run ??

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Smile Re: Hello guys

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Hello and welcome to the site... What's your plans for use of your mini ?? What type of water do you want to run ??
    My plans are to fish up in the Texas tidal flats on the backside of saint Josef’s island and also do some river running. I will also probably fairy my buddy out to do some light duck hunting
    i had a big panther airboat a few years ago, but it was a real powerful gas hog . Also ran a plywood built airboat with a Volkswagen engine “ my favorite “
    hopefully my mini build with the Kawasaki will be fruitful and economic
    i hope that engine has enough power to plane out fairly quickly with a good bottom coat
    Last edited by Pilar; 04-20-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Re: Hello guys

Yes I was brushing up on my propeller design and the manufacture states that
    The propeller was designed for max of 2900 rpm
    So the propeller 2900 X 1.9= 5320 rpm on the engine
    That seems like max rpm for a engine but have no idea ? the propeller is pitch adjustable

“” Adjust the blade pitch angle to fully load your engine at full throttle up to the engine redline rpm, or 50 to 100 rpm below the engine rpm redline. The propeller becomes, or replaces, the engine's rpm "governor". If for an aircraft, set the maximum full throttle rpm for flying straight and level at your typical cruising altitude upto the engine redline. If for a boat, set prop pitch to limit engine rpm to or just under engine redline rpm when on plane (or as fast as the boat can go) in smooth, calm waters .

Obviously you will need a tachometer connected to your engine. This procedure applies to ALL engines at or just under engine redline rpm turning a propeller to produce maximum possible THRUST per HP””

Updated research data
    “”The Kawasaki FD620D engine is capable of producing a maximum 20 horsepower at 3,600 rpm. It can also generate a maximum 32.9 ft.-lb. of torque at 2,200 rpm.””