Thread: New 2 person Challenger build.

Threaded View

New 2 person Challenger build.

Hello All,
    Starting a new build for my neighbor. He rode in my mini, got out and said how much and how long for a 2 place ?. He’s a Dr. and can afford questions like that.
    Well, I traded him my Challenger II airplane for his Bush Trike ( ultralight). Now will cut the tail, take off the wings and basically bolt the main cab and power plant (rotax582)into a 5x10 1/8” hull. Tig welding the hull together now.
    5052, .100” 5x10 aluminum, with 1”, 1/8” square tubing braces. Main hull will be flat bottom with a little bit of a wedge in the front transitioning to straight and flat on the back half of the hull. 18” sides with a little bit of a softening chine towards the rear, but mainly this is being designed as a carving boat, with a little bit of slide, when needed . Projected weight of 500 lbs all up. With seating for 2 and lots of storage for gear.
    The Challenger airframe will be mostly intact with very little changes.. twill be taking a few things out, off. For the most part it’s a bolt in and go operation.heater, removable windows, intercoms, seatbelts, electrical, gauges, etc....is already done !
    I’m hoping to get it done in a month. I’m 1 week in and will be posting pics soon!
    Last edited by Jssflyer; 04-15-2019 at 11:42 AM.