I installed an oil filter adapter on my 084 to use a spin on filter. Cranked it up and all looked fine with no leaks. When i got on the water i noticed the power was lower than normal and would only turn 3200 rpm. I turned around and back to launch and noticed lifters on no 1 cylinder was ratteling as if i had just cranked it up and not warmed up. The cht's were like 350*. i loaded the boat up and at home i took no1 valve cover off and found both lifters collapsed. Replaced both lifters and ran at different rpm for about 20 minutes and lifters would not build up.i hadn't done anything but replaced the adapter and changed oil to rotella 15/40. so i put the old cartridge type adapter back on and even with the adapter was empty and also didn' t have a fiter cranked up and as soon as the oil pressure built up the lifter noise was gone and my normal rpm of 3900 was back. What can go wrong by changing the adapter to spin on type filter? New napa gold filter. Didn't remove the gasket from block. It was stuck to block all passages in adapter are open and pattern of holes are exactly the same. Any thoughts to help me figure out what i did wrong. Oardered 2 new insert filters for it and put 1 in where it had been left out sometime ago.