Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
That's great news Bart, I'm interested in seeing how the range of motion plays out with the new throttle body...I'm betting it will have a smooth transition now from idle to full throttle... I've seen others add the alternator for those high amp draws and the chevy style "one wire" with the built in regulator is the easiest way to add one.. I wonder how many hp it uses ?? I'm betting not much considering you'll probably never have the need to pull down that many amps..
that is a good question, about how many amp to one HP. From most of the places I have looked. Most of them are stating the an alternator requires 1 HP for every 25 amps generated. So if I ever needed all 66 amps. It would be using almost 3 HP.
my thoughts on amp usage for this motor should be around max of 20 amps. the main draws should be the fuel pump 6 amps, & 4 injectors & coils another 10 amps.
I am thinking of getting one of those amp draw gauges just to see what my total amp usage with this setup is going to be for sure... but from the first glance, it will be taking almost 1 HP to run this fuel & ignition setup.
oh the things I think about on a cold winter night....