Thread: Is summer gone ???

Question Is summer gone ???

This area had been hammered all season long !!!
    I'm sitting here wondering just how many weekends of rain we actually had in this area...Record amounts of 90* plus days...Record amounts of rain totals for single days...Even monthly rain and heat totals are chart toppers...The river has been up and down like a rollercoaster all summer...
    And then there was the 35 million gallons of raw sewage coming down the river compliments of the state of NY...Seems like our summer is over before it started !!! I'm still in disbelief..

The local airboat builder's yard looks like winter with a full lot of boats that can't be kept in the river...I keep hoping for some better weather but with each weekend I'm losing hope...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Re: Is summer gone ???

It sure seems that way...
    I never got the airboat in the river this year...

Still don't have the airboat "Finished"
    Did not get the Jet boat in the water yet .
    Hunting is in full swing.
    Yup summer is about over!

seems like this is happening to many of us. my motor is still on a saw horse bench under a tarp. by the time i was able to get a bottle of argon refilled, the local weld shop for some reason is always out. the next closest shop is 300 miles away, in Anchorage. My interest was moved onto other things. Rebuilt an broken down jet ski with my sons. that was donated to us. and then this South Bend lathe showed up, which has consumed the last part of July & all of August. it is ready to turn some things now. it sure is going to be a nice addition.
    and my one week off in August, I drove down the Alcan with my oldest son, so that didn't leave much free time to do much. on that off week. that was a speed trip, from Valdez, Alaska to Pocatello Idaho, 3200 miles in 56 hours, then got a plane and came back home in time for work.
    But now football and volleyball is taking a toll on the free time. My daughter's team was a big tournament in Fairbanks, competing with all the big schools in the state. for the last 2 days, her team took second, and she made the All Tourney Team. so I am kind of proud of what the kids are up to.
    and the boy rushed for over 200 yards yesterday, they haven't won a game yet, but they do have fun.
    so that is where my summer went.
    Last edited by Bart; 09-09-2018 at 09:09 PM.

it was a fun weekend with the kids at the games, I have had the fun of sitting in a jeni-lift, and filming the football games for the last few years, this has been the first time that we had sunshine for all 3 home games, not quite used to it. they lost by 1 point, but the kid did make 2 of the touchdowns. and had a lot of fun. 2 more away games and the seasons over. the last game will be in Barrow. just a hundred yards from the Arctic Ocean.
    my daughter played her heart out, don't know where she gets it, but at 5'4" she is jumping higher than most, all I know is I wouldn't want to be on the other side of the net. and she made the All Tourney team, second tournament in a row. it was fun to watch her play this week end. between sports, and getting things ready for winter, the weeks are just flying by.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Great pics Bart...You've got a lot to be proud of...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Well, this has been a wild ride of a year so far for me... The weather has been less than ideal for any water related activities this year and I've officially come to the conclusion the season is over for any quality time on the river here...
    On a personal note I've switched my employment to a different company{I don't do this often maybe once every 15yrs or so it seems} and it's definitely for the better.. One of the best decisions I've made this year... Unfortunately the last of my parents {my mother} has passed recently this year leaving me with an extreme amount of stress and responsibilities that wasn't really thought about until it's laid on my shoulders...
    So anyhow I'll be back on here more frequently now that things are getting somewhat back to normal and I'm hoping better days are coming..Cork

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Corky, sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like...
    but on another note, my daughter's volleyball team ended up with second place in the Alaska state tournament this weekend, and she ended up with being named "The Player of The Game" twice out of the seven games they played, and then made the All Tournament Team, and she took a heck of a beating, going after them hits, and i don't know when i will get my voice back. I couldn't be prouder of how her team played these last couple of days. and then being able to get my Dad, set up with a link to watch his granddaughter play in her final State Tournament. this was a good way to end the summer.

Wow, that's great news !! Enjoy the moment I don't have to tell you how time flies...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine