Thread: Crane, ribeye in the sky

Crane, ribeye in the sky

Sand hill crane that is.

All three of us got tags this year, there a draw hunt.
    Where we put in they let 10 tags out, and we got three cool or what, maybe only 9 people put in who knows.
    It is a 3 hour drive to our unit, It started last Saturday. We Figured with only 10 tags they should not be all riled up.3Am will have to be our departure time, butt dark 30 .
    Hoping to take care of business in one day buy have time off just incase.
    Hope to have some pics of dead crane by Monday.

Re: Crane, ribeye in the sky

I never knew they gave permits for them. But I have heard they taste great also heard the same for manatees lol. Good luck, if you lived here you wouldn't have to try hard they come right to you, and jump in front of cars more often then the deer

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaulerG1 View Post
    I never knew they gave permits for them. But I have heard they taste great also heard the same for manatees lol.
    We can hunt swan too..

Dang!
    We did the 3hour drive , the mile walk .
    AND watched about 50 crane take off in small groups of 2 and 3 and fly across the river straight away from us.
    By 8:30 there was not a crane to be seen.
    We did some spot and stock hunts but in short stubble and cut alfalfa there was little hope. We did get permission to hunt the other side of the river next time out but it's about a 2 mile walk in ,in the dark. We'll get them in a few week plus there should be more birds down.

Did the trip again.
    The D-I-L did her part, My boy and I will be dong the trip again