Hey everyone,
I am new to the site and to airboating. I have owned many motorboats through the years. Everything from a small Jon boat to offshore but, have never owned an airboat. I got the bug real bad last fall and have been reading everything I can get my hands on. I have lurked on this site for several months and have read most every thread. I just finished Corky's build. What a great job!! I am thinking of starting a build myself. Once I have decided what I want, I will build or have built. I am on the fence between a larger mini like Corky's and Papee's or a step up to about 17'x7'x24". This site has been a great learning experience. I am in North Texas and the boat would be used mainly for fishing the Red River. I would like something economical to operate yet, would like the extra room of the larger boat. I'd really like to see a build similar to Papee's in person. Is there anyone in North Texas or Southern Oklahoma who has such a build and would like to show it off?

I don't want to be long winded on my first post. But, I want to ask, has anyone every tried pods on an airboat?

By the way. Corky, if you see this thread. What has happened with your build since December of 2017?