Thread: Nissan A15 1.5L

Nissan A15 1.5L

I have a chance to get a Nissan A15 fuel injected from a concrete pump. The ecu has gone bad so i was thinking swapping to a carb. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these engines. Are aftermarket parts available? It seems like it would be a reliable engine it only turns 2600-2800rpms max in the pump. There are so many variants of the engine I'm not sure how much hp it has at low rpms. I'm guessing it's low hp because the pump only needs about 40-45hp to run.

Re: Nissan A15 1.5L

https://www.engine-specs.net/nissan/a15.html

The Nissan A15 or A15S is an 1.5 l (1,487 cc) four-cylinder four-stroke gasoline engine from Nissan A-family. The engine was manufactured by Nissan Motor Company from 1979 through 1998. The Nissan Vanette C22 with A15 engine was built in Malaysia at the Tan Chong assembly plant in Segambut (Kuala Lumpur) until 2010. The A15 motor uses a lightweight cast iron block and an aluminum cylinder head, with overhead valves and single camshaft. Bore and stroke were 76.0 mm and 82.0 mm, respectively. Compression ratio rating was 8.9:1 for California, 8.5:1 for Non-California and Canada models and 9.0:1 for industrial applicatons. The A15 was produced in various ratings from 67 HP (50 kW) to 85 HP (63 kW).