Thread: Prop

Prop

Just need a little help on finding things such as the right size prop.
    I have a new 18hp motor for the boat also where can I find plans to do the steering
    I'm 73 and not the smartest mushroom so any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    wrongway

Re: Prop

Hello, what type of prop are you looking for ?? wooden,carbon fiber ?? What type of steering are you looking to use control stick or steering wheel ???

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Thank you for answering my post. I have no idea what prop to choose I'm new at this.I want something that'll work but not
    have to mortgage the house to get it . I don't even know what sizes there are for a mini.As for steering something simple,
    a steering wheel would be okay believe they operate on the same principle as a stick. Do you know of a catalog where I can find
    the things I need? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Also where would I find plans on how to build a cage and
    motor mount?
    Thanks again,
    Wrongway

Hi sorry for the delay...I'd contact arrow prop for a wooden prop...Give them the engine size and they'll guide you to the correct one..Click on this link and it will take you to the site..http://www.arrowprop.com/

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Having technical difficulties with that last post so I'll leave it with the link...Anyhow, the engine stand and cage are not as easy as getting a set of "plans" to build...There's many factors involved...One being on just what size the prop turns out to be...Secondly is what type of hull you intend to install the engine/prop onto...
    What most have done is read through the builds on this site then determine which parts and pieces you would like to copy for your build...
    Lastly, There's a bunch of great guys on here that are very knowledgeable with all aspects of what you need to do..So the easiest way for someone starting at ground zero would be to grab a camera,take some pics, start a build thread,then show what components you have and ask the questions as you go...I'm sure we could get you some "plans" and point you in the right direction...
    Most of the bigger airboat manufacturers have a parts section on their websites that's always a good starting point to see the selection of parts available..But to be honest most guys on a budget make most of the parts themselves or improvise using what they have laying around...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine