Thread: Wildlife

Wildlife

a friend took this picture yesterday, it is about 100 yards from my office at work. on the sunny days, it doesn't get much better, just wish i had more time to play on the toys.
    he was about 30 yards away watching them play, and when they stood up. it just looked like a good photo op.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Wildlife

Some picture for sure.

a friend had this little brown, come by his trail camera, a couple of days ago. I like how his head looks bigger than the 55 gallon drum in the background.
    they always say, with bears, small ears means a big bear, it it has large ears, it is a small bear.
    to me this one has very small ears,
    i just don't think I would want to turn around and see him behind me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last fall could not shoot him wrong spot by about 50 yards.

my friend had set up this station for black bear, a couple of weeks ago. this boar came in, and camped out. now that the season has ended, he needs to go back in and clean up the station. he figures to have 3 or 4 buddies to go with him, for back up if needed.
    its funny how some bears, and other animals know exactly where that line is. seen a big bull moose for a week straight. and all he had to do was move over a couple hundred yards, also.
    i am always seeing the smaller ones, but these big ones like to hid out. a couple of years ago we had a sow with 4 cubs. hanging out a couple of miles away by a hatchery. and i forgot how many times those cubs would hold up traffic by playing in the road, this went on for all summer.
    wish i would have taken a picture just of all the tourists that were taking a picture of the mama with cubs.
    with so many of the local bears used to us. i have seen tourists taking pictures with in 20 feet, of them. don't think any of them realize just how fast a bear can move.
    the best one, a couple of halloweens ago. a black bear ran up a tree, on the street where all the kids hit, and everyone was walking under the tree, a tall person could have reached up and touched him. but as soon as there was a break in the kids, that bear came down out of the tree and left. I think all the kids scared it pretty good.
    Below is a clip with the 4 cubs playing in the road.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdSjlOVRwA
    Last edited by Bart; 06-10-2018 at 05:27 PM.