Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turbo 084

Re: Turbo 084

There aint going to be a six cylinder aircraft engine on this boat even if it looked better. don't want to turn a mini into a monster. i don't see myself putting two turbos on my boat even if i do have two. but i did put another carburetor on it. the weber was just a little to aggravating to frog with all the slow manuvers. dying down at slight throttle then having to accelerate to make it catch. so what this time. not a solex. a holley 5220 with mechanical secondaries. holley got permission from weber to copy there 32/36 and they are almost identical. the jetting is larger from factory but i think they used larger air bleds to compensate. to my suprise it runs very well and ar's are close to perfect. no jetting needed at sea level. same bolt pattern as weber.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    4a084
    Arrow belt drive
    marty bray 116 mini pro
    solex 32/36
    weber 32/36
    solex 34 pict 3
    weber 34 ich
    Razor x 3 blade

I'm glad that your having fun trying new things while we all learn. I was just talking about using only the smaller turbo by its self but using the same plumbing they use in the sequential setup and basically unbolt the bigger turbo. And I think the cage distracted us from the exhaust that I wanted to show you.

Nice looking Holley......Bobby,Let me know how this works out I'm about ready to start my season with the new mini...As luck would have it we just got 5 days of rain and the river went past flood stage...But now hopefully it will settle down and I'll start the fun...
    Anyhow I'm still looking for a good replacement for the factory carb after I run it a few times... I do have the bugspray holley but as we've discussed it's not a progressive carb and might not give the performance through the RPM band as needed...Plus there's a bunch of runner work to get it on there that I'm not looking forward to dealing with I just want to run it at this point...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

If you or anyone else here wants some spare parts I have a pile of heads, Intake, and a mag that needs rebuilt and maybe more I just want to get rid of. Thinking it might not hurt for you to have a few spare heads while experimenting. Pm me if anyone wants them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

we went out the other night and the holley ran flawless. had to idle it down real slow for gigging and it didn't stumble like the weber did. ran at idle 31.5% and just off idle 14.3%. also has good top end running at 13%. very satisfied with this carb.
    4a084
    Arrow belt drive
    marty bray 116 mini pro
    solex 32/36
    weber 32/36
    solex 34 pict 3
    weber 34 ich
    Razor x 3 blade