Thread: Summer is coming to the Susquehanna....

Summer is coming to the Susquehanna....

With the weather turning for the better...

Guess it is time to de-winterize the Lycoming... Need to change oil and filter, give it a six quart drink of fresh 50 weight Shell and throw in a little bottle of Lycoming anti-scuff juice. Dump a few cans of 100LL in the tank, and put the battery back in the box. See if she fires up after a long winter's nap.

I only work a mile from the PA boat office, so I guess a lunchtime visit for fresh registration stickers are on the list also.

Time to wake up the ducks !!! <<LOL>>
    Kent

Re: Summer is coming to the Susquehanna....

Hey Kent..
    What a spring so far...A good week's worth of rain keeps the outdoor activities at bay...Look on the bright side at least there's plenty of water now so you'll be able to run where you want...I got extremely busy at work and haven't had the time for the fun stuff...Or much else for that matter...That will change in another week I should be all caught up...If you need any help I'm only a call away...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

It's not a good sign when you see a few "No Wake" buoys floating by the house.......It makes me wonder what's going on upstream making them find a new home....

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Do you remember the year the river was all Orange? We were at camp and I looked out on the river to see some orange balls floating down the the river. Shortly after it was full of orange, pumpkins.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I don't remember that one.......You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen floating by over the years...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Talk about things floating down the river.... I remember hurricane Agnes back in June of 1972..... I remember seeing things floating down the river that don't really float....

>>> In the state of Pennsylvania, more than 68,000 homes and 3,000 businesses were destroyed. Due to the destroyed houses, at least 220,000 people were left homeless. The damage and death toll was the highest in Pennsylvania, with 50 fatalities and $2.3 billion in losses in that state alone. <<<

I lived in NY in 72 {and was only 10}...But I've seen plenty of photos and heard stories...I have that yellow and black pamphlet showing the flood and the pics in harrisburg...We had a campsite along the river over at the Ferryboat campsite and I remember all the crazy stuff laying in the water even a few summers past 72...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine