Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: new guy looking for ideas

Re: new guy looking for ideas

Hey Corky,
    Thanks for the input! The terrain down here is mostly sand, mixed with occasional oyster-beds and gators, so I'll just run it as-is, see how it works. I'm just finishing up the dings in the sides, repairing the glass on the edges under the t-rails where the rivets all either ripped through the material or expanded the holes so much the T-rails were detached. Next are the new stringers, using 1x4 spruce, some primer, & finally some epoxy paint. Then I get to the rigging! hope I can get it back out on the water quick when I actually swap hulls. There's still some trout in our area, and the wife really wants to try flounder gigging at night!
    Last edited by 3cells; 04-22-2018 at 05:31 AM.

latest progress,
    holes repaired, gussets reinforced, stringers replaced, hull stripped and refinished, new transom rail, new anchor u-bolt up front, & rebuilt the standing deck, with scuppers. just need to recoat the inside. Had to stop for a couple months, as our band tours till Sept. when I hope to have a new prop, & build the rigging, Much as I hate working fiberglass, this has really been gratifying!

P.S. Almost forgot, new motor, Generac 32 HP V- twin, thanks to a tip from yamahauler!! Going direct drive, will see how she runs, keep you all posted when I get back in Sept!!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by 3cells; 07-27-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Looks good and light weight. I likeThe way you did the front deck so the water will go out the side instead of in the boat.

yeah, with as little flotation (none) as these things have, I want every advantage I can get! I also added some poly non skid granules to the finish on the deck. I'm thinking of filling in the spaces between the stringers with expanding liquid flotation foam, then decking over with something light, but I want to run her first to see if it can handle the extra weight. Thanks again for the tip on the generator, wish I could be working on it now, but we're on the road till sept. we're up in Anchorage Alaska right now, close to barts neck of the woods, (kinda, if you have an aquaplane) Cheers!!
    Last edited by 3cells; 07-27-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Nice work. Looks great !!

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop