Thread: Vegas Carts

Vegas Carts

Has anyone used an engine from this company? Their main customers are for golf/go carts. Their engines look promising though. They have a modded predator 420 that is stroked to be a 460. Supposedly makes 20 something hp and only weighs 57lbs. They also have a single cylinder 625cc engine that is coming soon that supposedly makes 23hp and 38ft lbs of tq. Everything looks maybe a little too good to be true.

460cc engine
    http://www.vegascarts.com/460cc-Go-K...p/vrx46-a2.htm

625cc engine
    http://www.vegascarts.com/625cc-23hp...e-p/vrx625.htm

Re: Vegas Carts

I've seen some crazy numbers both in torque and HP within the go cart/tractor pulling community I wouldn't be surprised if these engines worked well as advertised...They sure look promising... Make sure you ask all the right questions...Some of those would be what routine maintenance needs performed ?How many hours before other items need attention? How many hours typically accrued before it would need a complete teardown/overhaul ??? And lastely will they sustain long,high RPM runs that happen in our use ???

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Those are all great questions to ask, thanks. I guess compared to 450cc dirt bikes, the clone knock offs certainly should be able to make ~25hp. The $600 price seems cheap for that amt of hp. You get what you pay for right? If they are as advertised, these go-kart engines look like an ideal engine for a single seat lake buggy

Agreed...considering the shipping weight of the 22 hp predator engine from Harbor Freight is 127lbs and these are half that imagine the performance from the weight savings alone at the lake buggy level of weight...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

All of what corky said. I had a 18 hp Briggs on my boat originally that was modified, piston, crank, cam, and others. It worked well but didn't last long. On an airboat we run these engines longer and harder than when used in other applications. I've seen many tries at modded lawnmower type engines that failed when used on an airboat. If they will give you a 90 day full warranty on it I'd say go for it. That's long enough to test. The last ones I know of were the generacs, they were modding a 25 hp and didn't last a week on an airboat.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA