Thread: 4A-084 Parts wanted!!!

4A-084 Parts wanted!!!

Greetings all,

I am restoring an old genset powered by a 4A-084.... I am looking for any original sheet metal cowlings, carburetor, plug wires, starter.
    Or most anything else one has laying around that is no longer wanted.

Thanks,

JMG

Re: 4A-084 Parts wanted!!!

Hello and welcome to the site !!..Even though this is an airboat site I'm sure there's members that would enjoy seeing just what you're working with and how the 084 engine is incorporated into this application...Do you have the basic engine ?? If so did you run a compression test on it to see where the cylinder conditions fall ??? I've got a whole crate of NOS parts that have 0 hours on them...You do know that Saturn Surplus has many parts available at very reasonable prices correct?? Their link is at the top right of most pages...
    Anyhow, check out my build thread there's a few pics of the parts take-offs that are available...Most members that bought NOS crate engines will have basically the same spare parts...Cork

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Thanks for the welcome!!

I just picked up a complete engine, not sure just the extent of the sheet metal that will come with it. after I get my hands on it i will post for the additional parts I need.

I will also post a few pics of the unit as the rebuild goes along.

Thanks,

JMG

Corky,

I received the engine I purchased, no sheet metal

So I am interested in any sheet metal you have, as well as a governor or anything else you don't feel the need to hold on to.

Thanks,

Joe

OK joe let me gather the spare parts I have and we'll see what you're interested in...Cork

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Great, Thanks

OK Joe... Can you post some pics of what you're starting with so we can see just how much is there{or not there}? ... I might not have some of the needed parts but others here could possibly have them...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've not yet figured out how to post new threads yet, so I'm sorry for not using good thread protocol as of yet. I've been hoarding some engines and parts and I need to move now. I've got some new,some old, some mil overhaul and some parts all 4ao84 and would like to sell. Please spread the word as you can and thanks.
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by paint flyboy View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've not yet figured out how to post new threads yet, so I'm sorry for not using good thread protocol as of yet. I've been hoarding some engines and parts and I need to move now. I've got some new,some old, some mil overhaul and some parts all 4ao84 and would like to sell. Please spread the word as you can and thanks.
    Stan
    Greetings....

I am looking for any sheet metal for these engines. let me know what you have and what you want for it.

Thanks,

Joe

Corky,

You posted a photo in your cyl head temp thread of a pallet with all the 4A084 sheet metal on it, that is what I am looking for, pretty much all of the sheet metal on the orignal generator motor.

Thanks,

Joe

it doesnt sound like you have had much luck finding a shroud for your motor. I was kind of in the same boat....with my 084 motor. it did not come with any shrouds also...due to changing it over to efi and electronic ignition.. I have spent more than a few hours, tuning it... the first time the heads got hot enough to drop a few exhaust valves. so then I came installed a fan on the front and fabbed my own shroud out of thin aluminum sheets... and had a tin knocker form the top piece to fit. and all in all it turned out great, and works for me... a while back I did see one side listed on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/32435682610...UAAOSwH3FfntGa
    but they are only selling the side for the 1 & 3 jugs....
    and as for turning out the top cover. I wanted the rounded corners. but you could alway have it square do it your self.
    just trying to give you some different options. good luck with your endeavours...
    http://miniairboatassoc.com/forum/sh...he-Rope-Pulley