Thread: Oil Pressure guage ?

Oil Pressure guage ?

I'm currently putting new gauges on my Dragonfly, which has a Suzuki G13BB motor. The motor currently uses a 'wet' gauge, but I want to change to an electric gauge from a Bayliner boat.
    Someone in another forum suggested that the marine gauges and automotive gauges are backwards reading.
    Anyone have any information on this? I've already installed the electric gauge, and 'assumed' that I would only need to purchase an electric sending unit.

Re: Oil Pressure guage ?

Match the sending unit to the gauge...If it's a bayliner gauge get the number off the back..Then you'll need to buy the corresponding sending unit for it...It's the only safe way to make sure it will work...I'm assuming you've already tested the gauge and know it's in working order ??? There's just too many different gauges out there and there's no way of knowing exactly what you've got there..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

I'm not sure how much info you've gained while looking at the marine electric gauges so I'll post some additional info...The mechanical gauges like the one you've discarded are simple units and,other than fittings don't require much other than illumination in the way of wiring...
    The electric gauges for marine and auto use have a standardized working ohm range to simplify their use...Generally speaking you have two different gauges/sending units using a standard and european ohm range...There's also different ohm values for single and dual sending units being used on a single gauge {dual engines using one gauge that can be toggled between them refered to as "single and dual station" units}...The only other variable is how the sending unit itself is grounded..
    While a "reverse" ohm reading may be used in a certain application I can tell you it's not common to find them with the boats we come in contact with for our application...The Faria site has a wealth of info you can read up on...Installation,wiring,troubleshooting, and general info are all available and can be applied for just about any brand of gauge...In fact Faria does make some Bayliner gauges for their OEM usage...Here's some info from the Faria site on sending units... https://fariabeede.com/site_manuals/IS0085d.pdf
    Last edited by Corky; 02-04-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Thanks, Corky. I contacted Faria with the numbers, and they told me which sender to use.

Good deal !!

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine