Thread: 10x5 aircat 670 ho rotax

10x5 aircat 670 ho rotax

Video of my 10x5 tomcat running in my yard it was still in the build phase ive changed the pitch since and better belts it runs alot better now but the only good video ive gotten so far
    https://youtu.be/5mmWO_DeoNU
    Last edited by n.dallin@yahoo.com; 01-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Re: 10x5 aircat 670 ho rotax

Yeah, I'll comment on this again it's just that good.......I'd be super happy with dropping it off in the yard to run dry and end up having a ride like that...Needless to say I'd have no problem continuing to work on the project....

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Lol yeah its been a rush can definitely feel the power difference with the lower pitch blocks theres no hesitation and in water its got way more than you could ever use ive considered saving this motor and prop setup for a little bigger aluminum hull and putting a 550 fan cooled in this i think 60hp would be plenty on it but i need a little more room for gear

do you have any EGT gauges? just curious about what is happening with the motor temps. with the silencer plumbed almost at the front of the pipe. at least that is what i think i am seeing.
    it might be restricting the exhaust flow, with it coming out at that angle.
    i had to do a double look at it, when it looked like your ear was so close to the end of the pipe. i thought man that is going to be loud.
    you were right, with a little frost on the field, you got to be doing at least 40.
    looks like way to much fun.

Hey Bart i do not have an precise gauge however it does have a temp light for water temp. The exhaust is full with silencer the same as it came out of the sled and is actually turned out the left side of the boat. It seems reasonable the amount of noise im getting for what it is. The difference from a 14* pitch to 12 is when it was dry completely outside the boat would go but not real quick with the 12* blocks it will move dry like it moved in the video and is still limited to 7500ish rpm the motors redline. Is 8200 and im fine with staying below it for the motors well being. Sorry if the picture shows sideways i havent figured out why they are rotating when i upload them however the silencer section of the pipe is the black square towards the front of the chrome pipe i guess it is right behind the seat but with the angle it leaves the boat and once the fan is going it doesnt seem too unbearable i guess ive always been on the right side or middle though
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by n.dallin@yahoo.com; 01-04-2018 at 06:15 AM.