Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not enough time in just one summer...

Re: Not enough time in just one summer...

Got the front end, fender flares,new headliner,and a bunch of odds and ends installed on the tow mule...Still need to get the rear bumper cover and front push bar on there...Should look good pulling the new mini...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

WOW!
    Some old clunker...

Yeah, I resurrected another one from the dead that's for sure...There's a pick-and-pull junkyard about an hour from here and there's at least 30 durangos there...That was one of the deciding reasons for fixing this one...The parts are dirt cheap and plentiful...Most are hitting that 20 year wave where they're dead and in the boneyard...
    As an example I pulled a whole,like new formed headliner and sunvisors from a donor...A whopping $5.50 !! I got the new,unrusted rear liftgate for $25.00 complete with glass,rear wiper motor etc...Pretty much just unbolted it and carried it out...New hood for $20.00{old one was dented all over like it was caught in a hail storm}All the door/window weatherstripping for $10.00...I can't go wrong with that kind of pricing...
    Last edited by Corky; 11-21-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Corky, Wow ! Your doing one heck of a job on the Durango. Are you getting those parts from the yard up by Sunbury or by Pinegrove? When you are all finished, no launching the boat on a dirt & gravel ramp... Don't want you getting the tires dirty !!! Guess I should check the boneyard the next time I need something... I needed to replace a headlight on the Buick Enclave, they are the HID xenon bulbs.... I called Troutman's before doing any research on aftermarket parts. They wanted $620 to change the one light
    bulb !!! I checked utube for an install... Purchased a bulb for $160 at autozone... took about 45 minutes.

Kent, I'm going to EZ pull in New Ringold for the parts....Those HID bulbs are always over $100 no matter what they're going in...Now, with LEDs a burned out icon in the dash cluster gets a whole "rebuilt" cluster for hundreds instead of the single bulb for a few bucks...They've been saying for years the dealerships want to get you to the point where you can't do anything yourself so you're committed to using them...We're almost there...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

I figured I'd wrap up this thread showing the finished product...So it's time for the pics from today's photo shoot....I've added some bigger,more aggressive tires for winter duty,new headlight assemblys and off-road lights with matching covers,blasted and painted the push-bar to match the vehicle's theme...Completely undercoated the undercarriage to keep the road salt away as much as possible...
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Corky; 11-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine