Thread: Mud boat coyotes and lots of Ammo

Mud boat coyotes and lots of Ammo

Don't you just love when a plan comes together? Every year we plan a "predator " Hunt For the week between Archery and antelope season. The Last two years have been trumped by Moose tag, you just cant pass up on a moose tag. This yeas the D-I-L got a sheep tag but they took care of that on the first day. SOOOO We did a epic coyote hunt, By boat. Very primitive river brakes country, for 3 days and 2 nights we never as much as heard another person / vehicle. Out standing scenery and PRIME coyote habitat. Set after set ... Some times we would have multiple dog come in from several directions. I went in with a big box of 22/250 ( 50) shells and came out with just a few clip fills . To bad we did not get every coyote we shot at. The boy and I where about tied as to hits to misses. At night we would drift in the river and spot light raccoons back to the camp. In the dark we did not attempt to land and pick them up Very technical in the current /dark/ and rocks. Quite a chore in the day light. We amassed 12 hides and out standing memories, just cant beet a plan then come together like that. PS This is what it looks like today Glad we hit that right...

Re: Mud boat coyotes and lots of Ammo

looks like you ended your trip at the right time. you got to love that Montana weather 70 one day and snow the next.
    here in the last month we have had maybe 3 days with out rain. and the forecast is for the week is heavy rain, for the next 3 days, and then snow. just hasnt been a nice fall.

YUP I dislike rain more then snow. Sorry for the way the post looks, then I tried to fix it and got it up twice. This sight hates my computer and service

Looks like a great trip !!! I bet everyone involved had a fun time...Looks like old man winter was giving you some time to get it done !! .. Don't worry about the double post we all do it at some point.. I fixed you up for smoother reading..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Thanks