Thread: Sheep , gumbo and a good story

Sheep , gumbo and a good story

Just Minutes before end of shooting a large band of sheep walks up out of the brakes.

The D-I-L and son where in the right spot after most the day boating, hunting ,glassing , and scoping.
    She had to make a choice in a mater of minutes leveled the new Kimber mountain assent 6.5 Creedmoor sights and shoot.
    Just a bit over 200 yards and two ridges away.
    One shot and it was over or just to begin.
    She had made a mistake and only had her Rx sunglasses and it was about to get BLACK.
    The boy RAN over and dressed the sheep as she started to feel her way back to the boat.
    We have not had any rain for 3 months till this weekend.
    3" in the brakes sucks. She got back to the boat about the same time as the boy both covered in wonderful Montana gumbo.
    a 7 mile boat trip in total darkness in the boat and only able to "See" by the GPS. The hit the sack shortly after Ten.
    Very little sleep, the coyotes where running wild and making more noise then a Boeing 747 trying to crash land in there camp all night long. First light and they where heading back up river to do some packing. They got there and were tickled the coyotes did not find the EWE. They strapped in on whole and headed out, taking turns packing. She is one tuff cookie and did a lot of the packing.
    There another great story and head on her wall

Re: Sheep , gumbo and a good story

Beautiful!
    Hopefully now that my legs are doing better I can get out deer hunting again.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Those are some nice pics !!.. Beautiful country...Great story too...I bet they were excited...It looks heavy how heavy was it ??? That'll make for a nice trophy...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

There a small animal, maybe 100 pounds standing.
    So maybe 60/70 pounds dressed?

The pic makes it look bigger...But still 60-70lbs will get heavy quickly all the same......

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

at least it stayed on the top of the mountain, one time my brother shot a mountain goat, and it did its final leap and went a half a mile down the wrong side of the mountain. love the pictures,

Funny thing.
    We want them to fall.
    That is river brakes country.
    The boat is in the bottom, way easer to
    pack down hill.

i have no problem with them falling on the right side, it is just when it is on the wrong side of the hill, and there is not a simple way out, except hauling it back up to the top. years ago, was hunting with my Dad, just below Afton Wyoming, and he got a nice 4 point muley, it was down on the back side of the mountain. 2 ridges from the truck. after we got it back to the truck, i had to ask him why he waited to shoot it at the bottom of the ravine. with out missing a beat. he replied, "that is why i brought you along"
    but we had some good stories.
    I am glad to see you making stories and creating memories for your kids.