Hi Guys !!
Since my airboat is ready to hit the water it's time to get this thread going...We have a few options now with members trying different carbs to get away from the original carb's issues...This thread isn't about that...
It's about some real mods to the engine to gain some horsepower and torque..
I've already started collecting NOS 084 parts...Why do this when I have a new engine ??? So I can evaluate,measure, identify areas for more HP and then modify those parts while I'm having fun on the water with hopefully no real down time as I go...While keeping the original parts to reinstall if things don't go as planned.. So, short of grenading an engine or making a new hole in the block I can revert back to the original part if need be for another try...

I'm hoping to involve as many members as I can here in some real world discussion about these mods...

So far I've got:
{4} NOS piston/rod assemblies
{4} NOS jugs
{4} NOS rod bearing sets
{2}NOS head assemblies

I'd like to find an NOS camshaft...And I'll probably buy an NOS crank and bearings also...
So you can see I'm taking the hunt for horsepower seriously....

From what I've been reading from different sources the biggest issue with our application is probably going to be keeping the heat down as the hp goes up...We'll see how this goes...If I need to add more gauges to monitor the engine so be it...
So where do you start with a stock 084?? There's so many ways to gain hp and torque..Reason would dictate to start with simple,easy mods and work our way into some more involved areas as we go...And stick with the golden rule : Only do one mod at a time and evaluate the pros and cons if it with some real world run time..