I've been getting a few PMs asking how I am so I figured I'd update. As most know I've had eight surgeries on my knees and have had them replaced twice. Over the last eight years I've had terrible pain at times making me bedridden. Some time ago I had a stimulator inserted in my back to control the pain. This worked some but I still had to be on strong opiate medicine just to be able to get out of bed. I've been on them for about six years.

My health was slowing going downhill so we made the decision to get off the meds. This is where I'm at now, going through withdrawals similar to a herion addict. It's probably the hardest thing I've had to do, I went cold turkey not even taking as much as an Advil. I'm almost a week into it now and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel a little better each day and my head is feeling clearer than it has in years but I still get a little confused at times. I'm able to manage my pain by keeping my mind occupied most of the time but still have terrible bouts of pain. I'll know in another few days to a week just what I'll be left with as far as pain level. I made up my mind I'm going to do this and get back out on the water again. I'll update this again when I know more.