Thread: My new boat ramp

Thumbs up My new boat ramp

As I'm waiting patiently for my boat's paperwork and registration info to come back from the fish and boat commission, I started on my new river access in my back yard...
    I've cut the ramp in and will be adding the sub base to the ramp this week... And eventually it will get the concrete slab poured on that...And as things go it rained the next day after grading the area.......So clearing the ramp base will wait until the water goes back down in a few days...Anyhow I'll post a pic of the water view and the ramp's rough-in...I'll be adding pics to this thread as it progresses...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Re: My new boat ramp

man, having your own back yard ramp, takes a lot of travel time out of the equation. that makes it so much simpler. when you want to head out.
    i know with my snow machines, i can leave from my yard, or if only need to trailer them 5 to 15 miles for some of the best riding in the state.
    i have a few small lakes close by, but for any rivers that i would trust my boat on, i will need to trailer it, about 140 miles up the road.
    the ramp looks like a fun little project. have fun

Corky,
    That is looking like a good start. Looks to have a nice shallow taper to get in and out with the trailer. Nothing worse than a steep ramp and fighting the winch to crank the boat up and on the trailer or having the boat wanting to pull you down hill and into the water... <<LOL>>

Barb and I checked the Halifax town ramp on Saturday. I'm not going to try launching there... just too steep of a grade. I think my best bet will be to use the launch ramp at Montgomery Ferry on the West shore... A bit longer drive from home, but it is a shallow taper ramp for easier launching and loading. I may try to get it wet this holiday weekend. I have Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue. Should be able to go play somewhere in those five days. If I go, and you hear a bigger prop cutting the wind, it will be me (I hope).
    kent

I hope you can get out there one of those days and enjoy the ride...It looks like the water should be around 4.5 by the end of the week{slowly heading down}...We're heading up to Sunbury for the 4th with the checkmate...Going to see the sunset and then watch the fireworks from the river...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop