Thread: New Toy

New Toy

Well after about a year of research I finally pulled the trigger on a drone so I can "get the shot" on the river. I will say it may be some time before I'm confident enough to fly it over the river. So far I have about 1/2 of flight time and it's still pretty sketchy flying. I ran it for about twenty minutes before I was brave enough to put my camera on. The Drone isn't the most expensive one at about $200 and the camera is a GoPro knockoff that cost around $80. Still a good bit of money to dunk in the river. Any way, below is my first flight with the camera on

Last edited by Papee; 06-14-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Re: New Toy

Papee, That's cool !!! keep practicing your flying skills... You will be chasing airboats on the river in no time at all.... kent

Alrighty...Yes that was cool....We even got to see you in your easy chair at the controls...Although if I heard that thing coming up behind me I'd be running for cover thinking the killer swarm was coming to get me !! ... Seriously though that's a great toy to have for those aerial shots...You'll get the hang of it and be a pro in no time...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

maybe get a set of pontoons to put on it for water landings.

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Papee, That's cool !!! keep practicing your flying skills... You will be chasing airboats on the river in no time at all.... kent
    The thing will do 40 mph so it will be a challenge to get some close up speed shots.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Quote Originally Posted by bgmcl60 View Post
    maybe get a set of pontoons to put on it for water landings.
    Great idea but I don't want to add any more weight to it because it will cut down on my flight time. I'm on the line now as far as weight, any more and I'll have to register it.