Looking for someone to put motor on my 15 ft boat, Thanks

Re: Air motor

check with tom Snyder in lenkerville

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    check with tom Snyder in lenkerville
    Anyone else if Snyder is to busy?

What exactly do you need done. I'm pretty busy but could do some work. If it's a complete build I wouldn't have time for a few months.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Thanks I'll be willing to wait until you have the time, I need the motor and gears and prop and all the linkages hooked up,I can get my welder to build the cage I think you know him he may have done some work for you he's up river from you about 50 miles

OK let me know. What boat do you have and what motor are you putting on it? I may be wrong but I'm not sure Mark has done an airboat rigging. He's more of a hull and Jet guy or at least I thought. I'm sure if he has any questions he can call Tom. Just be aware your boat may not plane out if it is a Jon boat, they are tricky to get to plane. It all depends on the setup and what you want to do with it. Mark can always call me too. He did a great job for me shorting my hull, I didn't have a welder that could weld aluminum back then. But anyway, let us know what your engine, prop, and boat combo is. Do I know you?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I'll get you do everything, I was just getting Mark to put the cage on because you are busy, I got a 15' 55 in btm with rockproof Snyder I picked up used, set up for a air motor, I can send you some pictures, looks like l'm going to need everything, found a 20hp with a 3 blade prop in Altoona on my way to pick it up and guy sold it, so I need everything, let me know if you have anything, if I have to I will buy new, met you up at Marks when he was doing the work on your boat. Thanks

Sent you a PM with my phone number.

I forgot the name of that website already. Where the photos are.

There on riversmallies on Bassifieds under air boat, I see what you mean about building up the back for the mounting of the motor, Thanks

Sorry its under Snyder Air Boat

Thanks, bring it down Fri or Sat I'll give you a call before I start down

Tony got his boat down and we talked about the direction he wanted to go with his boat. He's going really simple to keep the weight down. I'm especially excited to do this build because he has poly on his boat. I had this motor(the 032) on my boat for a while and I'm curious what it will do on his boat with the poly compared to mine.

His boat is made light but it is very strong, he has less reinforcement but thicker material was used. It has a 4 1/2' bottom so it's a little more narrow but it shouldn't make a lot of difference. I'm not a fan of the way they did the motor mount rigging so it will come out and I'll start over with conduit. The end result will be much like what is there, no seat just a platform. I'll be posting updates here so he can follow the progress.

The boat will be getting the 032 engine and ultra prop.

He already has a jet boat so speed is not an issue. This will be purpose built for low water and bowfishing or just getting around when the river level drops preventing the use of his jet boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Papee; 06-12-2017 at 01:12 PM.

question, on the aft, there is what looks like a solid trim tab, I haven't dealt much with trim tabs, what would be the reason for a solid one?
    just wondering how that effects the turning and all.
    would something like that help with the short hull that i have?
    but it looks like you are having fun.

A trim tab may help you. In the case of this boat I am not sure. Judging by the rigging it never had a very big motor on it and i suspect the extra tab was put on the back to keep the front end down even though it did not plane. If you can keep the front end down even when not on plane you can move pretty fast through the water. Many boat are right on the edge of planing and start pushing a lot of water at that point and raising the bow. I believe this to the reason for it being on this boat. Actually it is even extended from what it was originally. I've also seen them put on to protect that part of the boat. The low conditions here along with all the rocks is hard on that part of the transom.

I would suspect you're correct on the trim tab Papee... It probably didn't have enough thrust to jump up on plane and was plowing around with the bow in the air..Hopefully you can lighten the load a little and give it a fighting chance at better overall performance...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

That hull looks like one of Tom's ultra light builds from 18 to 20 years ago. Most likely had a v twin 25 kohler, small belt drive and the ultra small three blade ivo prop. Check for his hull id plate on the inside rear or on the front deck bulkhead.
    kent

Yes Kent, it is one of Tom's hulls. I have another part to the engine stand here also and it does appear to have some sort of lawnmower type engine bolt pattern.
    Last edited by Papee; 06-13-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Kent did you ever see one of those on the water ?? I'm wondering if that style hull actually did plane off to run ??? My 14 ft mini planes with a 13hp direct drive so mabe that hull did work out better than I'm thinking with a 25hp engine on it...I know the stringers are huge/heavy in this hull we're discussing...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Re: App64s Build

Hi Corky,
    First, got your phone message, I will give you a shout one of these first evenings....
    Second, yes I had seen several of these in the water when Tom first built them with the kolher v twins. With one person, they got up on top and scooted right along. If I remember correctly, Tom built one with a inline water cooled 4 cyl VW engine, belt drive, and a medium 3 blade Ivo. The thing did not want to stay in the water.... It was a really quick little package.
    kent