Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: App64s Build

Re: App64s Build

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Looking great as usual......Well, one thing about years to come we'll all know which boats you've built...I like the style...
    I usually put on a second hoop piecing between the braces but I'm trying to keep this as light as possible. I'm not really certain how many of my rigs are out there, enough that I lost count. I wonder how many of my Jon boat pedestals are still out there. I made a bunch of swivel pedestals back in the late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by app64 View Post
    Looking good, that box will work fine for the switch, it looks like there's enough room to stand beside the motor to fish in the back
    Yes I try to make room beside the motor so you can get to the back some just in case a fish takes you back there. I like to keep all the hot stuff covered but still get around. I also made the seat area a,little bigger just in case you want to stand on it to fish. For other, I talked to Tony about his switch panel after thinking about it. I ordered switches with waterproof covers and decided to put them in the lid of an ammo box to give him storage for a few tools or phone wallet etc.

I always take my wallet out of my pocket these days. I was using my push pole on the bow platform, lost my balance in went in the drink. The water was about 3-4 feet so I pulled the boat to a shallow area to get back in.

When I got back in I looked around to see if anyone had seen the whole thing. Wouldn't you know it, two fish commission guys. I saw one of the glassing me so I waved to let them know I was ok. They never came over to me, maybe because they were in a jet boat and I was in a very shallow area. I'm not sure if they witnessed it all or not.

I have more than a few of these adventures that I will share when I start doing fishing videos in the spring. After 45+ years on the river I've had a few incidents. One of them happened at the boat ramp not long ago when filming a how to video on unloading/loading your boat.
    Last edited by Papee; 10-18-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Well as usual I fell short of my goal. I lost a days work because of twisting my knee while climbing in the boat. With these fake knees I have to remember they don't flex as well as real ones. I did get everything built though. I'll be tearing it all back apart for finish welding and paint. I'll build and pfewire the switch panel while the paint dries. There's not much wiring on this so it should go quick.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Looks great from the side... I wouldn't worry too much about falling short of the expected progress heck I do that all the time... Like they used to say at work " Do it right the first time no matter how long it takes because they'll really complain the second time you have do it !" I really don't see how you'd make it any lighter than what you've got there that's the best it's going to get..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

Ahh the struggle. Two out of three cans of camo paint clogged on me. I still have the seat platform to cut out and mount then finalize the stick length and reinforce. Then it's ready to go together for the final time. I did get the switches mounted and prewired.

Finally got myself upright and able to do some work. I started doing a little body work on my jeep and it turned into a big project. Finally got it done.

I started putting Tonys boat back together. I got the stand and cage painted and back on the boat. I also got the motor mounted. Going to mount the switch panel tomorrow and start on the wiring.

It's funny how that " a little bit of body work" goes when you get in there..... Glad to hear you're back on track....

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Forum Reader

Are there a lot of airboats in your area?

Correction: Are there a lot of airboats in the Susquehanna PA area?

Thanks!
    Last edited by seakin355; 06-07-2018 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Clarification

Hello and welcome to the site ...The Susquehanna river in central Pa. is wide and shallow...And the airboat has become one of the primary boats to navigate this part of the river..Yes, there's quite a few airboats in this area...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Forum Reader

Well thank you! I am in Western PA and glad to here that. If I were to take a ride out that way, where might I go to see some of them? Is there a marina or something or an area that somewhat caters to airboats? Are there tours or ride companies like there is in FL?

The best place to see some in action would be at Millersburg, Pa along the Susquehanna most weekends of the summer weather permitting.... I'm not aware of any tours using airboats in this area...Mainly private crafts with the owners/passengers going fishing...But Millersburg does have 2 paddle wheel ferry boats in service since the 1800s...Those run across the river and give rides for both passengers and automobiles...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

Forum Reader

Nice! Thank you very much! I may grab one of ours and take a ride out that way sometime and hope to see some boats!Name:  IMG_9857.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  91.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by seakin355 View Post
    Nice! Thank you very much! I may grab one of ours and take a ride out that way sometime and hope to see some boats!
    If you plan on visiting the area, give us a posting... Maybe a few of us can get together for a "meet & greet" cruise.
    kent

Forum Reader

Will do!