Thread: 48084

i am looking for the front engine mount that mounts to the block for a 4a084 thanks

Re: 48084

is this the bracket you are looking for?
    it looks like from further research, that this is the earlier version off the front motor bracket.

there is an other version that has been made that has 3 bolt holes on each side, and it extends further out from the motor, with the 17/32" hole on the inside of the bracket.
    but added a spec sheet with the dimensions, in case some one needs to fab one up.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Bart; 03-17-2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added spec sheet, and pict of the newer style of motor mount

yes just the red part

sent you a pm.

I run that mount on mine. I have a piece of thread rod in the center hole and double nutted, I use it to raise or lower my engine. Actually it's just a bolt come to think of it, is just welded the head to my stand.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Interesting that there's two mounts available for these engines...I wonder if the older blocks only have two holes or three at the mounting area ??? My 084-4 obviously has the three hole mount...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

i don't know what year or model of my 084. but it and the 2 042's, all have 3 bolt holes on each side of the block. the 042's were manufactured in 68 and 69. just thinking that over the years there is always upgrades that are introduced.
    don't think it will make a big difference, but now i am thinking of welding a couple of ears on the bracket, just to utilize that 3rd bolt.