Thread: just a little snow

just a little snow

we finally broke 200 inches of snow. the city pushes the snow from the street into the park strip. in the summer time it is all grass. a couple of years ago the foot ball field was under them piles of snow.
    and another storm is coming in.
    after seeing some postings of no snow and everyone out playing. i get to spend a couple hours after work shoveling and plowing, and why do i live here? sometimes i wonder. but the winter sports are way to much fun.
    a couple of years back we had over 500 inches. so i am not complaining to much.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Bart; 02-20-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Re: just a little snow

man!!!!!!

for some reason the song by Johny Horton just keeps repeating itself in my mind, this spring, "When its spring time in Alaska, its forty below."
    this morning it was
    -29 in Fairbanks,
    -5 in Anchorage,
    +10 where I live,
    but we have had a cold 50 mph wind for the past 4 days, (almost lost the tin off of my roof, one night.)
    it is not even fun working on anything outside.
    maybe next week it will warm up.

tonight 31 in north florida. i sure feel sorry for you northern people. that kind of weather i would never leave the house.

Spring has finally arrived. this is how light it is at 10 pm. on a sunny day.
    the snow has gone down almost 4 feet in the last week, and if it keeps this up.
    i will have a lawn in a week. nothing like having all this snow, and being able to work in a short sleeved shirt. ( i am glad i put in those cement blocks for a pathway, for it is a muddy mess.)
    hope everyone is doing okay, now that spring and summer is upon us, play safe & enjoy the journey.
    and may you all have a good Easter .