Thread: 4A084 Fuel Pump

4A084 Fuel Pump

Hey Guys:

Found a old new stock 4A084 for and OK price but its missing the fuel pump. Found a replacement pump on saturn surplus but wasn't sure if I could use a car fuel pump instead?

Re: 4A084 Fuel Pump

You can use an electric fuel pump on them but the stock mechanical pump works fine even with the VW carb modification.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Thanks. I think I'm going to buy it and start getting it built up. Is there a detailed thread on the conversion? In other words what parts to pull off, carb mods, aftermarket fuel pumps, electric starters, etc? Please also forgive my ignorance but in their stock form these babies are pull start right? Thank you all again for your help. I've wanted to build an airboat for a long time and you all have given me the confidence to go for it.

Start reading...... Look at some build threads on the NOS 084 teardowns, read about direct and redrive starter options...Read about the factory carb, it's limitations and what to expect...Don't forget about the 084 service manuals on the site....It's all here...Read up on the entry level items and if you have some advanced questions there's plenty of great members willing to point you in the right direction..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop