Thread: Jon Fan/Airboat Inquiry-Links Needed.

Jon Fan/Airboat Inquiry-Links Needed.

I can't remember the site(s)/been looking, of those Jon airboats whereas the person is sitting on the OEM seats and not elevated.
    Basically a Jon Airboat set up. My wife wanted to look at them so I thought I would send her a link or two.
    Any helpful links would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Jon Fan/Airboat Inquiry-Links Needed.

Check out Arrowprop they sell them and have prices and pics. There is other sites I just don't remember any. But I think the challenge of building it yourself is part of the fun. I had one with a 24" prop the whole motor turned like an outboard it didn't need the extra weight of the rudder. I've also built 5 like your talking about where you sit on the jon boat seat I'll see if I can find any pics

Ok thank you.
    I think she is thinking of some mangrove runs where it is tight in the Fla Keys type of deal.
    That would work better on the flats than a air boat I'm thinking.

Jon boats are fun to play with and will work good for that if you get the right combo. Although they do not like touching bottom I was almost thrown out of the boat when i hit an inch of water the ribs on the bottom create a lot of drag so be careful if you get near a sandbar. I also used the same motor on a 10' 12' and a 14' jon boat all same 36" width and build the 14' got on plane easier with two ppl and handled better, the 10' wouldn't get on plane at all with two ppl or one person if you were in the wind and deep water.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thank you very much for the pics/ info.