Thread: boat vs palm tree

boat vs palm tree

Just thought someone might want to see what happens when you drive into a palm tree at 28mph. This happened a few years ago. It had an 084 with 53"ultra prop at the time. The boat is back in the water it's went through 3 more motors and 3 different props since then. I'm now running the generac 990 and much happier with it I don't think I would ever go back to the 084 now.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: boat vs palm tree

Nice. Pic of the Generac set up please.

Thanks,

I don't have many pics of the generac on it I just threw it on and started riding I didn't even pull the boat out of the water for the swap I don't regret swapping one bit. i even just sold my 084 I was holding on to it in case I didn't like the generac. My friend that builds them with me also swapped to the generac but left it running on propane and it works great
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Did you get thrown out of the seat when you and the palm tree became one ??? I think my worst fear is hitting something and getting thrown from the seat...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

That exactly what happened to me when I hit the tree. Mine was a little more harsh. I think there is a thread and pics here somewhere. I flew forward banging my shin on the front deck and ended up hugging the tree. One of the motor mounts broke and the prop went into the cage then exploded in a million toothpicks. Luckily back then I had the trolling motor on. I only had to go straight across the river to the boat ramp. I had a pretty big dent in the front of the boat. It got taken out when I shortened the boat.

What happened to cause it? I was making a turn to go up a channel and went from about a foot of water to just a few inches while in the turn. The pressure raised the boat and I lost the edge. I think of it often when I start feeling too comfortable.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I didn't get thrown out, the tree stopped me before I made it that far and I was holding onto the seat, looking at the motor. My face got scratched up pretty good. The palm tree leans out into the canal at a sharp angle. I was looking behind trying to choke the motor when the boat veered into the tree clipping the rake, my face, then the cage. Turns out my fuel pump had a loose ground and was shutting off when I hit waves. It happened so fast I didn't know what happened just heard a loud bang my face hurt and my boat was on some rocks. I had to paddle about a 1/4 mile to a nearby house. I'm glad I was running the ultra prop not wood I don't like splinters the prop removed a few of my cage bars when it hit. I think my grass rake pushed the boat away just enough to save me it could have been worse a few more feet to the left and it would have hit me in the chest.

I understand the 084 is really a finicky power plant,