I am thinking about an 11' x 60in deck over hull to be powered by a Briggs or Kohler 35hp VTwin with reduction
and it will likely be flown solo always. I believe I could use thin plywood on the top and sides and fairly thin on the
bottom of a wood hull. As an enclosed structural box it would be very strong especially if I filled strategic areas
with foam. I would plan to cover the bottom with at least one layer of fiberglass. This is for open lake
cruising and never on land so this is really to be an air powered boat instead of any kind of AMPHIB ATV.

With a reduction drive I would be placing the motor on the deck and my seat as well to create
the lowest possible C.G. So the big question.... would I be paying a weight penalty by building in wood
as opposed to Aluminum ? The benefit of the Deck over wood would be unsinkable. I dont think I could do
a light weight version of deckover aluminum hull. Meaning it could swamp and maybe sink in open water.

In truth I am expecting a lake runabout useage as opposed to swampy area operations. One of the weird ideas
I had was taking two 10 ft Jon Boats that were each 36 in wide and putting them side by side. (Tot 6 ft)
They weigh only 86 pounds each and together with whatever is holding them together would likely be less
than 200 pounds. GOTTA STAY LIGHT !