Thread: 20hp and 25ho Briggs Vanguard on SeaNymph and HarberCraft Jon boat

20hp and 25ho Briggs Vanguard on SeaNymph and HarberCraft Jon boat

Jon Boats powered by 20hp Briggs Vanguard and 25hp Kohler VTwins

If you dont bog these boats down with too much payload they can really zip along.

These are not for family outing sight seeing... They are jet fighters to be flown solo.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by preventec47; 08-15-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Re: 20hp and 25ho Briggs Vanguard on SeaNymph and HarberCraft Jon boat

Nice...Engines down low...Simple and light...Looks like a blast to drive !!

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

One thing Jon boats have is they are light. I probably had the most fun in my little Sears with a 8hp Briggs and 36" prop than any other boat I've had. I never got a speed on it because there was no way back then other than the dip tube. That thing even had the gas tank mounted on the engine. I messed up two props forgetting to put the cap back on.

i weighed about 100lbs less back then too.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Notice that on the Ten footer we moved the driver seat forward a few feet and that increased the speed by 4 or 5 mph at top end.

Also on the larger SeaNymph.... we were able to get two fairly big guys up on plane by front passenger sitting on floor crosslegged
    & hanging onto ski rope from a boat and once over the hump we barely noticed a drop in top end speed.

Once we found ourselves way down the lake like that without our skiboat takeoff assist and we had to flag down a boost from a stranger just
    like in a car with a dead battery. We of course had a spare ski rope but we left it with the tow boat donor else it wind up in our
    airboat prop. I guess we could have passed the rope from boat to boat by hand later but that is risky