Thread: I try to get my stuff local ...

I try to get my stuff local ...

You would think???
    An agriculture based town would have someplace you could walk in and by some rivets.
    I try and try to shop local.
    Bobs marina, white bear island Marina, and My Hewescraft dealer,Pacific steel, Steel etcetera, North 40 ( Big R ) Fleet supply, Western ranch supply, Fastenal, Bolt and anchor, Home depot, Pro Build , great falls lumber ,Johnsen Madison, Napa, O'Reilles, Ace. Not a solid aluminum rivet in the city. Fleet had a few steel rivets but nothing I thought would work on the boat. The 3/8 rivets I got are a titch to short they work but I think a 1/2 would work better. I had to order them too. $7 a box of 100 and $12 freight. I Finely found some on amazon $13 for 100 and free freight 2 day delivery .
    Every thing lately has been that way just cant get anything down the street. A person may as well live in a Unabomber cabin in the wood and just get every thing including grocery's over the computer.

Re: I try to get my stuff local ...

It's not just your location...Most local stores don't stock much inventory anymore like they did... The shipping charges are out of control they force you to check online if just for an idea of what it should cost...Now days most small parts cost less to buy than to ship...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop