Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 42MM Mukini Carb and 4-1 Header Question.

Re: 42MM Mukini Carb and 4-1 Header Question.

4000 rpm is too high to get up on the water...3000 is better but still high for a direct drive..You want a direct drive prop to act as the governor keeping the max rpms at a safe level...From what you're describing I'd say you need a different prop if it's not adjustable...Post a pic of the prop so we can all see what you're working with...Also, get a tip-to-tip measurement for us too...

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

I mite of miss lead you mind has a reduction drive on it but I will have some pictures of it tomorrow if can figure out how to put em on here

Sorry about that I do remember you stating having a redrive in the other thread in any case 4000 RPM is still too high...The circle S redrive top RPM number to shoot for is right around 3000 RPM + or - depending on the prop........

Scooter posting pics is easy...Hit reply..Next screen in the bottom right hit "go advanced" which will take you to the full reply screen...click on "attachments" and load the image from your file...You may need to resize your pics before trying to post them on the site depending on how big they are..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop