Thread: Video Camera ?

Video Camera ?

I'm thinking about a video camera for this boating season. I have never used one, or know anything about them.

What type / style do you use?
    How do you mount them for stable image recording?

I will need something that will work with my dell laptop using an I5 processor.
    If it maters, I have CF cards and SD cards for my DSLR bodies.
    kent

Re: Video Camera ?

You can get some money into the action type cameras. The Go Pro is pretty much the measurement for these cameras. There are some alternatives at about half the price of a go pro. I've seen side by side tests of them and if you weren't comparing side by side you couldn't tell the difference. Right now I use a Nikon point and shoot for my videos and it works very well. I just hold it in my hand and prop my arm on my lap when doing a boat video.

I am going to order a Drift 2 camera soon to try out at around $85. Drift ghost and Drift stealth are also good choices depending on your budget. It's supposed to have pretty good video. The drawback to them is that the battery is permanently mounted so you can't switch out batteries. For me that's not a big deal because I only shoot about a half hour at a time. If I'm remembering right they can record up to two hours. There are many choices depending on what you want to spend.
    Last edited by Papee; 04-23-2016 at 11:33 AM.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA