Thread: Editing Post/Problems

Editing Post/Problems

I have noticed that after posting a topic or reply that when I go to edit and if I misspell a word and hit backspace or the next word I type will be above the main text that I am trying to edit.
    Then I switch to advanced options and if I mess up again, it does the same thing.
    So I close the page and try again. Also, the curser will not blink when I try to edit and I do not know where I'm typing. It will show next to the last word, but if you click in the middle or next to any other word it disappears.
    I will post this and try to show.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Papee; 07-26-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Re: Editing Post/Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    I have noticed that after posting a topic or reply that when I go to edit and if I misspell a word and hit backspace or the next word I type will be above the main text that I am trying to edit.
    Then I switch to advanced options and if I mess up again, it does the same thing.
    So I close the page and try again. Also, the curser will not blink when I try to edit and I do not know where I'm typing. It will show next to the last word, but if you click in the middle or next to any other word it disappears.
    I will post this and try to show.

Thanks,
    it in the body----> It jumps from the body above like shown.
    OK typing a reply and going to mispell a word and try to show after I correct post then go back and correct. Ok trying to ed in the body.

Word in red is edit=shows the break. Hard to explain.
    Last edited by Rollbar; 04-06-2016 at 03:45 PM.

I've noticed that also, thought it was just me. I have some board upgrades to do but I've been putting them off. It's a lot of work with the custom icons I use as well as modifications to the template. I'm try to get this problem to replicate in this post but can't seem to make it happen.

What browser are you using?
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I am using FFox and experiencing the problem. I haven't tried it on the other browsers. I do have IE and E as well as Opra.
    I do understand about updating the forum-BIG HEADACHE for sure but is is getting to be a hassle as some mentioned it in saying they had problems editing etc.

Still GREAT stuff and thank you for the forum.

Jim

P.S. When I get time, I can check on other browsers but this week is slammed.

Ok, I tried two other browsers to upload a image from my PC and it will not work.

The box opens but no tabs are shown to click OK once the image address is loaded in the box.

Now if I click upload off the net, Http, then the OK button will show.

I really don't want to upload to my gallery just to get a http address.

Also, as per previous posts in this thread, those functions still do not work and the same problem exist when editing in other browsers.

You can only upload one image at a time the way you are doing it. You have to go to the advanced mode. There you will see the boxes to browse and upload multiple photos from your computer. Same way it works on pirate if you are red star.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Test upload on advanced setting.

No upload/same as before.

Are there setting to change or firewalls. I still do not see the OK box to click when uploading from PC, only URL.

Here are some pics from my phone/screen shot since I can't upload from the PC. Notice the OK box on the URL tab and no box on PC tab.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Test post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

OK, I got the pic to upload by clicking the ATTACHMENTS tab.

Never had to use that before on other forums but if it works, it works from attaching from PC and not needing URL/HTTP attachment.

Also, I did attach the last post and this one from FFox browser and didn't try the other browsers.

But there still is a problem with the edit as mentioned before.

Hope this helps and sorry to be a pain but I was getting confused/frustrated.
    Attached Images Attached Images