Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 084 redrive

Re: 084 redrive

i am new to this, the adjustable tube opening concept , on the exhaust. for the 4A084.
    from reading what others have done, for the 2 in one exhaust. you have the 32" headers, connected to the y pipe, then to 1-1/4" flex, the to the muffler,
    the question i have, do i put the reducing washer on the inlet, or the outlet side of the muffler? and what size of washer did you end up with using Papee?
    i was thinking of using some cheap glass packs or something, like that for the mufflers. or would it be simpler to make or purchase something like the linke bellow and put in the end of the muffler? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1217532...&ul_noapp=true

That link is the guts to what looks like a Harley muffler. I got a set of Harley mufflers off Ebay for $50 and took out the guts. The hole size will depend on your motor,carb, and headers. I just ran the motor on the trailer and drilled until I got the best rpms. I'll have to measure the hole on mine. These motors do need some back pressure to run best.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

the db killers will work but as papee said you will have to us them in a gutted out muffler i have the same set up on my harley and we dyno tuned it bigger the hole the more hp we made but it worked better in the middle range with the back pressure made more tq you will put them in the outlet end