Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 084 redrive

084 redrive

Ok i got a new 4a084 engine were can i get a redrive for it i cant seem to get on airboat pros web site does any one have a contact for the circle s drive i see some of you have thanks

Re: 084 redrive

Here's the number 352-330-1015 ask for Chuck..

Aluminum .120 14' X 76" hull
    Teledyne 4a084-4 engine
    Circle S 1.69:1 reduction
    67" Whirlwind "Razor X" prop

thanks corky

Keep us posted on how the interaction with Airboat pros went as far as price and availability...Just curious if Chuck is still involved with these or someone else has picked up the Circle S products...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

i sure will Corky i have been cleaning and painting my engine getting all the mods set up ordered my aluminum for my hull should be here in a couple of days i still have to call Chuck on the redrive i will post any info and pics in builds let fun begin

Good luck with Circle S. I didn't have a problem getting my reduction unit from them a couple years ago but I have been waiting on headers for 2 years......

The Circle-S reduction drives are made by Bruce Sogan and not by Airboat Pros. They are just the distributors. I did buy my Circle-S drive from Chuck at Airboat Pros because I was told that Bruce did not want to have direct interaction with customers but I've called him and he seems to be a pretty decent guy. I do have a phone number for him but I won't post it so if you get in a bind, private message me and I'll share it.
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    Circle "S" 1.69:1 Reducer
    67" Whirlwind Razor X Prop
    SS Rigging

aewrigh who is building your headers? aerokirk i"ll call chuck to see if he has any still if not i get Bruce's
    number from you thanks Hey aerokirk i sent you a private message but it said your messages are full it wont go through
    Last edited by fresh water hunter; 02-19-2016 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added more to it

Bruce from circle s is supposed to be building the stainless headers for me. I have called about every 6 months and he always tells me he is going to tell his wife so she can remind him. He seems like a nice guy but like I said, 2 years is kinda rediculous. I spoke with him about 2 weeks ago and made it quite clear that I have been waiting for two years....he, again, said he needed to pull his head out of you know where and get them done. He is supposed to also send me an oil pan because my pickup tube has rubbed a hole in the bottom of my pan.

I think that Bruce is also producing the prop hubs for Whirlwind propellers so I think the 084 parts are just a sideline for him. I conferred with him over a year ago on an improvement to the idler roller on the redrive but I'm not sure whether he has implemented the change or not. I've resorted to zip tying mine back so it doesn't ride on the belt as I could never find a happy medium of tension on it to prevent hammering on the frame. As you may recall in my build thread, that hammering caused the tensioning bolt to vibrate loose and go through the prop ... Expensive prop repair!
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    SS Rigging

Quote Originally Posted by fresh water hunter View Post
    aewrigh who is building your headers? aerokirk i"ll call chuck to see if he has any still if not i get Bruce's
    number from you thanks Hey aerokirk i sent you a private message but it said your messages are full it wont go through
    I cleaned out message box so you should be able to message me now.
    11'6" Marty Bray Hull
    4A084 Continental
    SS Rigging

Quote Originally Posted by aerokirk View Post
    I cleaned out message box so you should be able to message me now.

I'll edit your settings for your mail to give you more storage, I try to keep the setting low to save on server space. The photos use a lot of space also. I try to keep the costs down on the storage I need. I just had to bump it up again because we were running out of room. If anyone else needs more space to store PMs just send me a PM and I'll adjust your settings also.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

Boy I hope I dont have to wait that long is he building you 2into1 or 4 into 1 I messaged Nick to see how he liked his 4 into 1 header

Was'nt there an exchange at one time on the headers ??? Did'nt Chuck want an exchange for the engine mounting sections of an original exhaust manifold to fab up the headers ???

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

He probably wanted the stock exhaust. He used the ends where it goes into the cylinder. He welded the end on the new headers. I did mine the same way but I just used 3/4" conduit on mine for the green boat. They so no signs of wear so far, I just painted them with wood stove paint.
    Please check out our YouTube channel and subscribe! Our YouTube Channel helps fund the site. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTv...FrJP7yQVFVZnyA

I too used EMT{mine was 1 inch slipped over the original stubs}...I like the ability to customize the tubes to fit with simply using a bender...Glad to hear it holds up and is probably lighter than SS too..

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

I will build mine but with stainless just trying to fig. Out if 2 or 4 into one would be better I know I made more tq and hp with 4 into one on a 4 cylinder motorcycle and my harley makes more with both cylinders into one instead of duals

That's a tough call..I was contemplating the single header but in a perfect world the primary tube lengths need to be equal...That makes the exhaust exiting either directly overhead at 12 oclock{which really is'nt effective} or directly beneath the engine at 6 oclock..And that's a major factor with a build you'd need to know at the beginning.. Not to mention the air blockage to the prop depending on how the tubes are routed...

Teledyne 4a084-4 engine

In my opinion tuning the exhaust is more important. These motors like a little back pressure. I started off with a set of Harley Davidson bullet style mufflers. I ended up taking the guts out and putting in washers to create a little back pressure. I kept adjusting the size of the hole until I got the best results. I gained 500 rpm by tuning the exhaust. Thinking about it, I may experiment with this a bit more since I put on the empi carb to see if I can get more out of it.

Chuck and I talked about this before about four into one and putting in a "H" pipe. He said something about the firing order and the way the pulse works with this motor it was not effective enough to use this type exhaust to any real benefit. I'm not sure at all about the differences between a h pipe or four into one would be. I would think that with these low HP engines that the difference would not be real noticeable.

I do have the same mufflers on my harley they are hookers with an adjustable tube opening fot tq and hp and I can tell the diffrence mybe thats what ill use thanks for the input
    Last edited by fresh water hunter; 02-22-2016 at 09:09 PM.